Electronics Design Engineer
apply to this opening
We are BRACE automotive engineering. We are ingenious petrol heads. We eat, dream, sleep automotive system engineering in power train, chassis domain and Functional Safety. We deliver pragmatic, agileworkable solutions in tune with our 'customers' heart beat and share best practices out of our own experience and our BRACE vision.
Responsible for supporting electronic development activities for electromechanical brake systems.
Key Accountabilities & Key Activities
- Design electronic prototypes / engineering samples.
- Investigate latest potential solutions on the market, evaluate and recommend design modifications.
- Request / drive and / or realize technical studies (theoretical approach, numerical simulation, component testing) in order to improve product knowledge and to refine the board design.
- Ensure completeness and versioning of electronics documentation in accordance with internal processes and ISO 26262.
- Define hardware requirements and specifications in association with the system, safety and software team for actuator control and external system partners.
- Cooperate with the mechanical design team for interfaces between electronics and mechanics and also for electromechanical components.
- Support software team for hardware – software interfaces, electronic dependencies on software and actuator control.
- Support safety team for safety analysis activities.
- Participate in preparation of testing procedures for electronic based solutions.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities within company.
Key Professional Competences
- Solid technical and theory knowledge in electronic hardware (Analog & digital design, power electronics, microcontrollers, filter design, motor control, communication).
- Strong knowledge on schematic design, preferably also PCB layout.
- Hands on experience with SPICE simulation tools: LTSPICE, PSPICE, MULTISIM etc.
- Hands on experience with EDA tools: Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, Allegro etc.
- Experience about safety critical electronic design based on ISO26262.
- Familiar with electronic test standards (EMI/EMC/ESD, mechanical, environmental) preferable automotive versions.
- Hands on experience with electronic laboratory equipment.
- Fluent English level.
Good to Have Additional Skills
- Have experience with embedded software design.
- Have experience with software development and code generation tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, microcontroller programming tools (TI CCS, Microchip MPLAB, Infineon Dave), MATLAB / Simulink.
- Have control engineering background / knowledge.
Qualification & Experience
Bachelor + Master degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
Multiple board design experience in full cycle (From requirements definition, simulation, schematic design & PCB layout, manufacturing and assembly, engineering tests, documentation) for units used in automotive / military / railway industries.
At least 3 years of experience in automotive / military / railway industry in hardware (electronics) design engineering role.
Become part of our team.
We are looking forward to receive your complete CV, including your motivation letter and indication of your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
Please be so kind and only apply by clicking the blue button on top of this page or directly send your CV to email@example.com