Senior Engineer Aftertreatment
apply to this opening
We are BRACE automotive engineering. We are ingenious petrol heads. We eat, dream, sleep automotive system engineering in power train, interior, chassis and the functional safety domain. We deliver pragmatic, agileworkable solutions in tune with our customers heart beat and share best practices out of our own experience and our BRACE vision.
As Senior Engineer Aftertreatment you are responsible for the engine aftertreatment sub-domain within the department Application Software, part of the department Embedded Engineering.
The aftertreatment functional area comprises functions which control engine aftertreatment functionalities, such as DPF and SCR controls, related driver interface and diagnostics and PM and NOx control in combination with the engine controller. Supporting functionalities like input/output processing of sensor and actuators, thermal management etc. are part of the shared work package as well.
● Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the aftertreatment sub-domain and maintaining
overview of all developments in that specific area;
● Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support
the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analyzing and evaluating software implementation;
● Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the technical requirement
● Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
● As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in
agreement with the functional lead engineer.
As Senior Engineer Aftertreatment you are also part of an agile software development team, that will also develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team. In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group.
● Education on Master level with a specialization in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
● At least 3 years of relevant experience in the engine aftertreatment functional domain (e.g. DPF regeneration,
SCR efficiency control);
● Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
● Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical
● Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different
groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
● Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
● Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
● Experience with agile/scrum;
● Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
● Knowledge of CAN communication, diagnostics and OBD;
● Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
Become part of our team.
We are looking forward to receive your complete CV, including your motivation letter and indication of your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
Please be so kind and only apply by clicking the blue button on top of this page or directly send your CV to email@example.com