GPS Navigation system integration in dashboard
Customer: Tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry
Market: Light duty on highway – European market
BRACE execution: Interior Domain Cluster
Location: BRACE offices
BRACE Automotive together with sister company ACE engineering, organized the development project between a GPS Navigation system manufacturer and a vehicle manufacturer for passenger vehicles from the European market.
The two organizations are very different from each other : technical collaboration and communication were the main challenges.
Our multilingual teams have solved the communication problem between these two companies located.
The main tasks that were appointed are :
- Development/modification of PCB and electronic components
- Integration of specific connectors for the automotive industry compliant with European Standards
- Housing design for integration into the dashboard
- Creation of parts for producing plastic injection tooling
- Numerical Validation of the European standard ECE-R21 linked to crash safety
- Creation of 3D CAD assemblies with CATIA V5 in line with the standards and requirements of the vehicle manufacturer
- Validation of the 3D CAD quality with the appropriate Checker
- Creation of assembly drawings according to ISO dimensioning and tolerancing
- Delivery of drawings according to the norms and standards of the vehicle manufacturer
Resulting from this successful collaboration, BRACE Automotive has been selected to carry out several projects of the same type. We have been recognized as a provider of quality CAD A + by the client.